Behind The Seams

Ramblings of a sewing fanatic

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fashion Hell, Florida, United States

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Bonus tank top

I love to wear tank tops around the house so I was thrilled to see that I had just enough of the Pucci-inspired fabric left over to squeeze out a Loes Hinse Tank. This tank top is really easy and fits nicely. I like the fact that my bra doesn't show - even under the arm. To finish the edges I used some ruffled lingerie elastic. There isn't much black in this print but, believe it or not, I didn't have any brown or beige elastic in my stash that didn't look like it belonged on a pair of panties. So, I made due with what I had on hand. I added the flat bow because it just looked like it needed *something*.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That print is adorable. I think I like the tank better than the dress (and I love the dress!). The lack of detail over the bust really shows off the print. Wish I had some.....

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love getting a bonus garment out of a great fabric. This must be particularly sweet for you since you almost didn't have enough fabric for the dress! The black trim looks great with the brown print...

2:48 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Gigi - Manolo sums it ups best for me; "Pucci makes the smiles!"

3:40 PM  
Blogger Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

that is lovely!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Lisa Laree said...

I'm with Nanflan; it's so cool to get a bonus and you really earned this one! That's a great top, too...no one will ever know it was a leftover ;)

10:51 AM  
Blogger Gorgeous Things said...

OMG Gigi, I just love this, and your dress!

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Maid Service Tuckahoe said...

This is awwesome

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home